- Getting interviewed by Sharon Elliott about A Wife of Valor for HSCB.TV
- Receiving a special study Bible as a gift for being the first person to register
- Taking the advanced fiction writing course, taught by best-selling author Tosca Lee
- Driving and rooming with my critique group buddies, Mo Dardinger and Crystal Acosta
- Having great conversations with many new professional connections and friends
A Wife of Valor did not win the Excellence in Editing Award, but I was encouraged to have made it to the final round in the competition. I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to go to this conference and learn from the amazing faculty and connect with other writers. This was undoubtedly one of the highlights of my year.